Buster Brown Wagon
Buster Brown Wagon The wagon was made by Woodstock Wagon & Manufacturing Co. Ltd, located on the west side of Ingersoll Road, between Cedar Creek and the present Feed Mill. The Company was founded in 1895, with Arnold Henry Clynick as its Secretary and Manager. It made horse-drawn farm wagons, dump-trucks and farm sleighs, and later the Buster Brown Wagon.
Ski attachments were also available that could replace the wheels, allowing the wagon to be used as a toboggan in winter.
A Buster Brown Wagon was a very strong child’s coaster wagon. It was a good size in the era in which it was built, 1910 - 1925, (and was) constructed of good, well-selected wood. The wheels had steel hubs, wooden spokes and rims, and (were each fitted) with a steel tire that was applied hot in the same manner as with the agricultural wagons of the day. The secret of the wheels was that they rolled on roller bearings. The wagon was one of the fastest of the day.
After cars came into use, business fell off and the factory closed before 1930. But by 1928, branching to another line of work, A.H. Clynick and Sons already owned 2 of the 10 Service Stations then newly operating in Woodstock.