The first camp held at the location of Fisher’s Glen, near Normandale on Lake Erie, was in 1908 and run by a provincial committee of the YMCA, attracting boys from all over the south-western part of Ontario. By 1920, the camp began to be used by the Woodstock Y under the leadership of Capt. W.H. Pierce. The early camp had no permanent facilities and was rented by two brothers from the Hamilton District by the name of Dunn. The camp could accommodate 150 individuals and was usually full during the two-week periods each summer it was operated. In 1936 the property was purchased by Dr. Weston Krupp and formally donated to the Woodstock YMCA and the Rotary Club. It was formally dedicated on Sunday, July 9, 1938 and a stipulation in the agreement regarding the camp site stated that the site should be made available to the Young Women’s Christian Association of Woodstock as well. The newly dedicated camp had a spacious dinning hall and auditorium with kitchen facilities attached. Separate cottages, located across from the sleeping tents, were for members of staff and their families. In 1947, D.J. McClellan, the religious director of the camp, purchased more than four acres adjoining the camp property and donated it for use as an outdoor camp chapel. By 1955 the number of campers began to decline, as private cottages began to encroach on the campsite, and it was finally closed in its traditional form in 1962. Although attempts were made to open it as family camp it failed to attract people and the YMCA officially sold the property in 1965.